Oliphant Family Campground
Rules and Regulations
- The seasonal fee permits one trailer/family per site (no sublets or rentals permitted).
- One electrical outlet per site to be used or additional fees will apply
- Pets must be under control and/or leashed at all times.
- Only factory-installed trailer appliances are permitted.
- Rental is to the family identified on the contract (2 adults and immediate children under 18).
- Guests are welcome only if site agreement holders are present exception below *
- *Family guests – we usually permit an immediate family member to use your trailer for a limited time without site agreement holder present (maximum for a total of two weekends or one week duration each season)
- Please be sure to sign guests in and out at the store, the store is open 24 hrs a day, so no exception.
- Guest fees apply to overnight guests or family members over the age of 18 and if staying past 10:00 pm.
- Fees are $10 per person/per night over the age of 18. There is a $5 per person pool fee for use of the pool and pool enclosure. Payment is to be placed in an envelope and in the locked box upon arrival.
- Residents are responsible for the supervision of their children and guests at all times and will be held liable for any damage caused by misuse of the facilities.
- Guest parking is located at entrance.
- Sites are rented from the 21st of May 2021 until October 11th 2021 for the sole use and enjoyment of the residents. Water supply will be dependent on the weather and may not be available for the full rental term.
- Residents are responsible for the upkeep of their site. Site must be kept neat, uncluttered and the grass maintained.
- Quiet time is from 11:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Always be respectful of your neighbours and the customers of the park.
- Residents are responsible for the supervision of their children and guests at all times and will be held liable for any damage caused by misuse of the facilities. Children less than 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult while at the pool.
- Pets – The “stoop-n-scoop” rule applies and owners shall dispose of the baggie in the dumpster.
- Drive slowly and watch for children.
- Electricity is metered at the campsite and will be billed once a year in July. It is payable upon receipt of the bill.
- Please check your mailbox regularly for notifications and mail
The M.O.E. can enter the Park at any time and if we are not complying with proper regulations regarding any environmental matter, the M.O.E. has the right to close down the Park.
- All trailers must be equipped with a grey/black water holding tank. There must be no grey/black water allowed to seep into the ground.
- Renters are responsible for having their septic lines (grey and black) and must be hooked into the sewer dump provided. The lines must be hard PBC pipes or similar
- Burning of plastics or any other toxic chemicals in campfires or on property is not permitted.
- Speed limits as posted shall be strictly adhered to by all motorized vehicles within the Park. ?Speed limit for all vehicles within the park is 10 KPH.
- Open fires are only permitted in a fire pit. Fires must be attended by an adult at all times and must be thoroughly extinguished by water. There will be no fires allowed in the park during an extreme fire rating.
- All firewood must be local wood. Firewood must be contained and stacked in a safe and neat manner.
- Heating shall be provided only by factory-installed heating units. Electric space heaters are strictly prohibited.
- All trailers must be equipped with a proper RV grade electrical cord and if there is any deterioration the electrical cord must be replaced with another proper RV grade electrical cord. RV electrical cords are the responsibility of the trailer owner and under no circumstances should the hydro or breaker boxes be altered or modified.
- A surge protector is the responsibility of each renter in case of extreme thunder storms on your main power line.
- No firearms will be discharged within the Park boundaries, including BB, pellet or CO2 guns.
- ‘’’’’NO FIREWORKS””””””
No structure may be erected or replaced upon any lands without the prior written approval of management.
- All Trailers must be approved by management.
- Deck dimensions cannot exceed the length or width of the shareholders trailer which excludes any/all tip-outs. Any costs associated with the construction are the responsibility of the seasonal resident.
- Sheds not to be used for any other purpose than storage and are limited to 10’ by 10’
- There are additional rules pertaining to “add a rooms or enclosures”, please see us to discuss.
- Residents are to provide their own property damage and liability insurance coverage while renting a site. Oliphant Family Campground is not responsible for any assets not belonging to the campground.
- Management will not be responsible for any damage or injury caused to resident’s property or person, and shall not be held liable for any harm or injury caused by resident’s use or misuse of the corporation’s property or equipment.
- The camp is privately owned and management reserves the right to evict any resident at any time without refund for contravention of rules, non-payment of fees or any act that threatens the peace and quiet of the property.
- No noxious, dangerous, illegal, violent, threatening, unreasonable, disturbing or offensive activities shall be carried on in the Park nor shall anything be done which may be or become a nuisance or annoyance to others.
- If payment is not received by the due dates, management retains the right to remove trailer and any deck, “add-a-room” or shed, from site at the owner’s risk and costs.
- The Resident is held responsible for any changes or additions to electrical wiring, plumbing or sewage disposal performed without knowledge or consent of the board. Any code or safety violations and fines for such unauthorized work will be the responsibility of the resident.
- The Resident will be liable for any costs or actions taken by the corporation as a result of failure to obtain the prior approval of management.
- The pool is to be used at your own risk, as no lifeguard will be on duty, hours will be posted.
- Smoking, pets, or breakable beverage containers are not permitted in the pool enclosure
- All children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult or a delegate of 16 years of age or older while in the pool enclosure
- The pool is for registered campers only, guests must sign in and out
- Household garbage only to be placed in the dumpster.
- Recycling is encouraged. A recycling instruction pamphlet pertaining to the Municipality of South Bruce Peninsula will be posted in the office. All recycling must be rinsed & clean and placed in blue bins (only aluminum and plastics are recycled here. NO PLASTIC BAGS
- All other garbage and recycling i.e. cardboard, glass will need to be taken to nearby disposal site by campers to the Landfill site located 4.8 kms away.
We do accept donations of returnable alcohol containers, please place them in the small bins.
TERMS FOR SELLING TRAILER ON SITE:
- 6% of the sale of the trailer plus HST is paid to Oliphant Family Campground
- a certified cheque made payable to the seller from the buyer is held by us until the 6% plus HST and any other outstanding fees i.e. hydro is paid
- new campers must be approved prior to sale
- it is our discretion about whether a trailer can be sold on site, there are conditions about age of trailer to be sold on site
- only trailers being sold on site can have a for sale sign out front and then only for 1 week
- if sold on site, site fees are included for the remainder of the season
- New 2020 -waterfront sites are no longer permitted to sell their trailer on site, regardless of age (unless it is a park model)
- We do not charge for new trailers to be brought into the camp
- But all new trailers entering the park must be approved prior to arrival